Caribou Yurt Bed & Breakfast is in a gorgeous rural setting. It sits on a bluff overlooking the historic Caribou Ski Area, only 15 minutes from down town Pocatello, Idaho. Located on private property, it is a short drive up beautiful Buckskin Canyon.
Caribou Yurt borders hundreds of acres of public land full of great terrain for all types of adventures. Yurt guests can walk, hike, jog, mountain bike, motorcycle or ATV ride, horse back ride, ski, sled, or snow machine, literally out the front door of the Yurt. There is a variety of trails suited for all levels of expertise and abilities.
Essentially, you can pick your adventure while “yurting” here at Caribou Yurt. If back country travel is not your forte’, you don’t even need to leave the Yurt. Views from the Yurt are fantastic! By day, the site offers privacy and comfort of the surrounding hills. You can open the windows and let the mountain air fill the space. In the evenings, sit around the fire pit and watch amazing sunsets (and of course roast a hot dog or make s’mores). As night falls, the Yurt offers a cozy place to stretch out on the bed and watch the stars through the 5’ clear dome. On cool nights, cozy up to the wood stove and read a good book or watch a movie you have been waiting to see.
- Family built, owned and operated by those who love rural Idaho and the Pocatello area.
- Vehicle accessible with parking right outside the Yurt. 4 Wheel drive is recommended for access in winter.
- There is 110 volt AC power (yes, a yurt with power)!
- Internet available at the house (remember: this is a “get away”).
- Great cell phone reception.
- Beautiful 5′ diameter clear dome- bonus if it’s a full moon!
- Fully insulated walls, floor, and windows. Great wood stove to keep you toasty warm & cozy.
- Comfy queen bed with linens and down comforter. Sofa sleeper with linens. Padded carpet floor for extra sleeping space.
- Table both inside and out. Camp fire ring, camp chairs, roasting sticks, and fire wood provided.
- Fresh mountain well water and snacks (hot chocolate, microwave popcorn, etc.) provided.
- Like a traditional Bed & Breakfast, a hot shower is available at the house.
- An indoor composting-type toilet for your convenience.
- TV with DVD player. You can bring your favorite flick or choose from some classics that are there.
- Trampoline and rope swing (to use at your own risk, of course).
- Guests are welcome to bring their pets- they just need to stay outside. Kennel and horse corral are available. Please call us for details so we can be ready for your 4-legged family members.
We are a fun get away for those looking to get-out-of-town, or a great stop for travelers on their way to Yellowstone, Grand Teton National Park, City of Rocks National Monument, Utah skiing….or where ever your adventure is taking you. Explore the dropdown topics to see more of what Caribou Yurt is all about.
Contact us NOW to start your great memories at CARIBOU YURT!